Friday, March 26, 2010

Trey's Thirteen!!!

Trey turned 13 and I might be in denial, because I keep saying he's 12. It just isn't possible that I have a teenager... right? It wasn't soon enough for him, for sure. I love his smile and his dimples. I still pinch his cheeks whenever I can, but he's pretty much taller than me now. Some days I feel like I can almost see him growing. He still loves animals and is the primary caretaker of the chickens. He really wanted a Beta fish for his birthday (that was an easy request). He loves snowboarding and went quite a bit with his friends on the bus down to Lost Trail this year. So he got some nice ski pants as one of his gifts too. He still likes video games and got a new one of those for the Wii too. Trey's becoming a great babysitter for us and is learning a lot about responsibility and working hard with Dad to earn his own money too this past year. He loves to be the tease of the family and have fun. I like to think his strong sense of fairness will be a good thing one day too, helping him stand up for what's right. We're so glad you're in our family Trey! Love you!
Buster wishing Trey a happy birthday. He definitely likes Trey the best because Trey plays with him a lot. (and sneaks him in the house)
Trey holding our smallest egg ever. He's my egg collector.
Here's our favorite chicken, "Chicken Little". She's from our oldest 2 1/2 yr old batch and we thought she'd stopped laying. (She's the only one that lays white eggs.) But then she discovered the cat's bed in the garage under her very own heat lamp. It's so funny, every day now she flies the coop and lays an egg in the cat's bed. This definitely annoys Blackie (the cat), but what do ya do?:)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: