
Here's a few shots of Terran and 4 other friends' fall elk hunt. They went south of Dillon this year. (I'm not allowed to reveal the exact secret spot.) They pack everything back into the mountains on horses and set up camp for a week. They had a great time and it's a well deserved trip for T every year. Me and the kids miss him lots and appreciate him more when he gets back. Especially after he has a shower;). He went with my friends Heidi and Dori's husbands, so we do have a little fun and a girl's night out while they're gone. I may have even had a pedicure sometime in there. It's weird because there's not much or any cell coverage there, (so they tell us) and so we really don't hear from them all week. That's the worst part. I thought this was a cute picture with Jeff sharing his apple with his horse Paint.:)

Here's T's self done portrait of his cow elk he shot- apparently no photographer around. The kids are especially excited when Dad brings something home. I'll spare the bloody carcass pictures here since they don't really go with my blog theme.:)

Here's the wall tent they stayed in. It has a wood stove and everything in it. Pretty comfy camping I guess. They cook dutch oven and eat pretty well too I think.

Another self photo looking back with the horse's saddle bags and the scenery of the trail. He said they rode about 6-7 miles in past the trail head to their spot.

Here's Jeff loading the saddle bags on the horses. I was amazed at how much they were able to pack in. Probably a TV in there??
No comments:
Post a Comment