I normally do not take pictures of what I make, but the camera was just sitting there and these did turn out pretty darn good. This is for you, Mel, since last time I helped you make cinnamon rolls, they failed miserably. So here's the recipe I found in the Lolo ward cookbook by Kathryn Lind:
1c. scalded milk (2 min. in microwave on high)
2/3 c. shortening
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2tsp. salt
3 c. flour
2 eggs
1 c. hot mashed potatoes (I used instant)
1 T. yeast
1/2 c. warm water
3-3 1/2 c. flour
Melted butter
Brown sugar
Cinnamon (Choc. chips, raisins or nuts optional)
Scald milk. Cream together shortening, sugar and salt. ( In mixer, use wire whip) Add eggs, mashed potatoes, and scalded milk. Put yeast into warm water and add to above mixture. Add 3 cups of flour with wire whip 5 min. or more. Put on bread hook on mixer and add 3-3 1/2 c. more flour. Knead just to mixed well. Let rise until double. Roll into rectangle. Spread with melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Can add choc. chips, raisins or nuts also. Roll up and cut into desired size rolls. (Using a piece of thread makes it easy. I accidently made these ginormous.) Let rise again and bake at 375 degrees util golden brown. Frost with cream cheese frosting! Mmmm!

1 comment:
That looks like to many steps can't you just make them for me?
Post a Comment