
First of all, I have found as an adult I'm pretty afraid of horses, but our friends Jeff & Dori have horses and love riding and keep trying to get me on one. I did ride at their house a little... still very scary. But when they invited us to go riding horses w/ them last Saturday after my big super saturday event ,I decided I love being out in the mountains hiking or biking so I may as well get over my fear and try horse back riding. Truly I was amazed that I loved it! They let me ride "Pal", Dori's palamino horse who is awesome. This pix is Terran taking the picture at the back of the line of me, Dori and Jeff in front.

Terran was bored while riding I guess and took a shot of himself.

We rode for a couple hours I think around this ridge, and on top of another mountain! I couldn't believe how these horses can navigate so well over logs and rocks and up and down little trails. Meghan was jealous that she didn't get to come. She has always loved horses and has no fear on them.

A little blurry, but we saw a pretty sunset as we were coming down at dusk. I was a little nervous at this point of running into a bear or something, but all we saw that evening was a mule deer. Very fun on horseback.

Me & Dori at the top of the mountain we rode to with a great view of the surrounding mountains. Jeff & Terran were like little kids throwing boulders off the peak and watching them roll. What a fun night! And an original date for us too!
1 comment:
steph, wow, I love this blog, so glad you had such a wonderful time and got over your little fear. You guys are so cute and fun!!
Post a Comment